2026 Fast Farmer Autosport race schedule
February 13-15 Sebring, HSR
April 17-19 Mid Ohio, NASA Great Lakes
May 22-24 Mid Ohio, NASA Great Lakes
June 19-21 Gingerman, NASA Great Lakes
June 27-28 Sebring, ChampCar Endurance Series
July 31-Aug 2 Gingerman, NASA Great Lakes
August 21-23 Mid Ohio, NASA Great Lakes
September 11-13 Autobahn, NASA Great Lakes
September 24-27 Sebring, NASA National Championships
October 16-18 NCM, NASA Great Lakes
December 29-31 COTA, ChampCar Endurance Series
That’s my season schedule in black and white, now let’s dive into it in a little more detail, and see what my initial thoughts are of each event. For 2026, my race schedule consists of 11 race weekends in 6 different states, 3 of which will see me behind the wheel of an Open Throttle Racing BMW. All told we will travel 7,400 miles by plane, and spend approximately 85 hours travelling around 5100 miles on the highway towing the Grinch to 8 different NASA weekends. There are also 3 NASA endurance only weekends that I’m not currently planning on driving in, but I would gladly race in one or two of those, if the opportunity presents itself.
Race 1: Organization: Historic Sportscar Racing
Event/Location: Pistons and Props, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, FL
Car/Team: 2009 BMW E92 M3 “Cherry”, Open Throttle Racing
This is going to be a great weekend!
Escaping cold, snowy Indiana for warm, sunny Florida in February ALWAYS makes for a good time. Throw in vintage planes, vintage racecars and the oldest professional road course in the US, and how can it not be a total BLAST!
Race 2: NASA Great Lakes
Mid Ohio SportsCar Course, Lexington, OH
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch”, Fast Farmer Autosport
I get my NASA season started at Mid-O in April after missing the March event due to a personal conflict. It will be good to get back behind the wheel of Grinch, and to test out my “Frankensteined” engine. My goal for the weekend will simply be surviving unscathed.
Race 3: NASA Great Lakes
Mid Ohio SportsCar Course, Lexington, OH
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch”, Fast Farmer Autosport
If everything goes well at the April event, for Memorial Day weekend, I’m going to turn the wick up a bit. It will be my 4th time at the track with Grinch, and I should have a good feel for how to drive it. My goal for that weekend can be summed up like this….. “ I WANNA GO FASST”
Race 4: NASA Great Lakes
GingerMan Raceway, South Haven, MI
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch”, Fast Farmer Autosport
With only getting 5 laps on the track in practice last year before the engine ventilated itself, I’ll be looking to get as many laps in the car as I can, while still being competitive. My main goal again will be survival.
Race 5: ChampCar Endurance Series
Sebring Under The Stars 12 Hour, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, FLA.
Car TBD, Open Throttle Racing
My last opportunity to get quality laps in at Sebring before the NASA Championships in September. Also, racing at night is an AMAZING experience, as is driving for OTR!
Race 6: NASA Great Lakes
GingerMan Raceway, South Haven, MI
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch” Fast Farmer Autosport
Nasa’s second trip to South Haven in 6 weeks. I’ll try to put into practice what I learn from the first Gingerman race weekend, and see if I can be competitive in a tough GTR class.
Race 7: NASA Great Lakes
THE Mid Ohio SportsCar Course, Lexington, Ohio
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch” Fast Farmer Autosport
Back to Mid-O for the third and final time. With Championships only a month away, I’m not going to be taking any unnecessary risks this weekend. My goal will be to keep my nose clean and turn as many laps as possible, while not finishing DFL.
Race 8: NASA Great Lakes
Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, ILL
Our only visit to ACC this season will also be my first at the track behind the wheel of Grinch. This track is the one I’ve struggled the most at, dating back to my HPDE days. I can never seem to find a rhythm here, for whatever reason. Since this race weekend is only 10 days before Championships, I’m just going there to try and figure out how the GTR handles on the track for next season. Plus any seat time is good seat time, especially when fairly new to a platform. There’s a decent chance I won’t even go out for the final race of the weekend, and, if I feel good with how the car ran Saturday, might not run at all on Sunday.
Race 9: NASA National Championships
Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Fla
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch” Fast Farmer Autosport
This is the race I have been preparing for since December, when I drove for OTR in the ChampCar NYE 14 hour. Hopefully all the seat time I will have gotten here in the three different events I’m doing with Open Throttle will pay off. I’m not under any delusions of winning the thing, especially when taking into account how many extremely good and experienced GTR pilots there are in our region as well as the Florida region, but I am hoping to get myself into the top 5.
Race 10: NASA Great Lakes
NCM Motorsports Park, Bowling Green, KY
2012 Thunder Roadster GTR “Thunder Grinch” Fast Farmer Autosport
The NASA Great Lakes season finale. Two races on Saturday to decide all the respective class winners, then a single race on Sunday just for FUN! NCM is my favorite track in the region and third favorite I’ve ever raced at, so I’m very excited to finally get the chance to race the GTR there. Saturday I will try to learn as much about how the car drives there as I can, and also try to interfere with any season points battles as little as possible. On Sunday, it’s GO TIME! I’ll have all winter to fix anything that breaks, and I want to send a message that in ‘27, I will be somebody to watch out for!
Race 11: ChampCar Endurance Series
The Lonestar Double Down, Circuit of The Americas, Austin, TX
Car TBD, Most likely a green BMW, Open Throttle Racing
ChampCar moved their annual New Year’s Eve race to COTA for 2026, and I couldn’t resist the chance to race on the track for a second time! It will be an 8+8 format, meaning an 8 hour race on back to back days, so two opportunities to WIN! Plus, welcoming in the new year in Austin is bound to be a good time!
That’s it, the “locked in” 2026 Fast Farmer Autosport race schedule! There are enough gaps in it that I could squeeze in a couple of other races, if the right opportunity presents itself, but if not, there’s enough here that I’ll be happy. Look for a recap of the “Pistons and Props” weekend about a week after we get back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment