MAJOR 2026 Announcement!!!
I’m working on a 2025 season in review post, along with a highlight video, but in the meantime, I have a pretty big announcement to make concerning the 2026 racing season.
I am extremely excited to make it public knowledge that I have signed a deal to drive for Open Throttle Racing in 4 races in the coming year! I have previous experience driving for them in two other races, at COTA in WRL last December,and a ChampCar race at Sebring in June. This year, I will be racing in two ChampCar races, both at Sebring, along with an HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing, a division of IMSA) race, also at Sebring. The 4th race is yet to be determined (it will depend on how my NASA season plays out), but is tentatively planned to be a second HSR race, the Daytona Classic 24 Hour, in November, which is traditionally the biggest race on the HSR calendar.
You may have noticed a pattern with that schedule, YES, three of them are at the same track, Sebring International Raceway. Why would I want to go to the same track 3 times between December and June? Because next year’s NASA Championships are being held there in September! How better to figure out a track than by racing there multiple times? Plus, I LOVED it so much last June, even in the dark and wet, that I NEEDED to get back there!
Race 1 of my OTR season is the weekend after Christmas, with practice on Saturday the 27th, then the 14 hour race from 8am to 10pm on Sunday the 28th. I can’t wait to get back behind the wheel of a “team GREEN” BMW, and to hang out with the entire team all weekend, it’s always a good time racing with Open Throttle! More details to come about this race, and the others as we close in on their dates.
No comments:
Post a Comment